Thursday 29 November 2012

What a week.. and its not done yet!

Mr Waen has been absent since last Thursday and only returned yesterday to find a Frazzle as a woman to greet him!

Its been a bit of a week in one way or another. Monday was OK (unusual for a Monday) and then Tuesday at 7:00 in the morning the furniture I have been waiting for finally arrived. I repeat at 7:00AM.. are you serious! And bless Oak furniture land and their Door to Door policy it was then left to me and my Olive Oil arms (remember Popeye??) to then shift it from the door to somewhere which would allow me to leave the premises.

I learnt even more new things;

1. My internal doors are narrow!
2. I have a foul temper and the language of a Navvy.
3. Stamping my feet does not move furniture.
4. If at first you don't succeed it may be best to give up and save your spine!
5. Crying resolves nothing and gives me a bad headache.

so there was a desk ..

there is a STEP here just to make life more pesky!

But Olive managed! 
Then there was the TV stand.. and life really got silly.. It was too wide to go through ANY door except external ones so therefore I had to drag it over the gravel path right around the house ( I reckon 25 meters) but no mean feat with olive oil arms, still in my pyjama's, over gravel in the drizzel!
On arrival at the door to the room where it was to be finally rested I then had to unpack it outside (box too wide) and squish it through the door .. minding the wooden floor didn't get scratched..
having dragged the damn thing right round the house!!!

I got it to here at last!

 And then I was defeated by the big unit thingummy!

I managed to get it from here
to here.. 

But then realised.. its too tall to get through the door and too tall to slide in on it side and stand up!!!
So had to park it here.. thank GOODNESS Mr Waen returned with a more sensible solution to my "hacksaw the feet off!!!!" solution and now it is in place!

Tuesday afternoon brought more fun when 3 decided to take down the mobile and internet service. given that BT STILL have not provided a land line and broadband (7 weeks and waiting) that left me with no communication route !! Great!

Again thank GOODNESS Mr Waen returned a more sensible solution to my "we have to move house" solution and here I am on-line! 





No comments:

Post a Comment