Monday 26 November 2012

Filth and mud baths.

Every day the town mouse that I am finds out something new about being a country mouse. Today's news is that in the event of heavy rain water from a well gets muddy! already our water has a slightly green tinge which I can live with but this is a step too far.

I ran the bath tonight to find when I came back to it book in hand and ready to have my traditional 1/2 hour lounge and read it was very murky looking.. I was reluctant to break with the tradition so decided it wouldn't kill me so hopped in! That was all before I discovered when the bath ran dry that this is what I shared my bath with..

Granted its another rubbish photo but in a nutshell there is a covering of mud right around the bath. Now I like to be close to nature but come on there are limits!!! I may as well have bathed in the puddle by the front door.


Its took me a while to get used to the fact that there will always be an element of dirt in this house even 10 minutes after a good clean (Winnie is a miny muck monster and brings the outdoors in, Aga's and log burners kick out dust and I leaves blow through open windows with surprising ease) but I seriously do not think that I will get used to this! That said some people pay a fortune for mud treatments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment