Thursday 22 November 2012

Its all about the weather.

There is a lady on Radio 2 called Sally traffic and as I listen as I am gardening I get a bit bugged when she says 'its all about the weather today' particularly after someone has just read the news which is generally full of war, bombings, the Gaza strip, death and doom.. I often think or indeed mutter.. 'Really Sally traffic.. I think not' but this morning I took this back. WHAT A DAY!

It began when I had to take yet MORE rubbish to the dump (it can't all go on the compost heap or I will be asked for planning permission) so off I went.. it was windy but then the rain's began!! (glad I had bothered with the hair do then) it was manic out there!!!

I have already mentioned the silly track but in the rain its beyond silly and is borderline dangerous for a  girl who can barely drive and the car she drives is a silly car. Now I know the Citreon C3 Pluriel is billed as 5 cars in one but let me tell you one of those 5 is NOT a 4 x 4!! We really must go car shopping but really how dull!

On my return I had a scout about to see what the rain was doing to chickens (grumpy as their rain cover blew off and they were eating soggy grain)  Oil, lakes, land etc and in some cases its doing great (oil is really breaking down now) and in others not so great.. lake over spill.. photo's below.  I should however not moan and having just watched the news I just feel so sad for the people whose homes are under water it must be the most dreadful thing.

This stream goes down hill and its rarely seen. because its so small. today it was thundering along 

The photo is rubbish but behind the reeds you can see where lake is now no longer just in the lake

This was my attempt at demonstrating how the wind is creating a minor wave on the lake .. you may just have to take my word for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment