Sunday 25 November 2012

Introducing Barry.. he's not permanent but will visit often

The Really long dog taking up the fire is Barry.. My sisters dog.. he is lovely but still a bit of a mad puppy and today he peaked in his madness. After a Gin fuelled evening I was up early to let out the girls and then sis took Winnie and Barry out for a march around the woods (lolly didn't fancy playing out with the kids) all went well they ran, hopped, skipped and jumped (dogs not sister) BUT THEN.......... as they reached the house Barry made a dash for the Girls.. we are unsure how he reached them through the new fence (possibly leaped it) all my sister did know is that he was next seen approaching my sister (who was in hot pursuit) with the newly christened Cheryl the chicken in his mouth!!!
OH DEAR.. his intention was never to kill that's for sure.. we reckon it was a gift for mammy.. he dropped it straight away when the scream of BAAAARRRRRYYYYY went up.
So Cheryl had a bit of TLC in the kitchen.. only a little scratch and some meal worms later and she was back with the sisters! I reckon the egg laying has had a significant set back but hey at least no major trauma.

The day went on to insanity.. after a lovely lunch (thank you Aga) my sister drove me to pick up  Mr Waen's car (its a silly sports car) .. my mission was then to drive this up the lane.. has anyone watched the news? Its been raining.. a LOT.. Lane is like a suicide mission but hey.. I like a challenge! I think the screams of frustration after attempt 2 were heard in Newtown but then I got INGENIOUS.. and made a track of sticks.. which got me purchase on the mud on the steep bit and I was off. How proud was I.

So now .. its a cup of tea, Girls are tucked up for the night, dogs and cats fed and all is well, bring out the cake!

Mr Waen's new task is a barry proof fence.. that said he is built like a small horse so I have no idea what that will look like xx


No comments:

Post a Comment