Sunday 11 November 2012

Here come the girls!!! (10/11 November 2012)

My Mam and Dad have been here this weekend (I love visitors this is a house to share for sure) and given my Dad loves to play with tools and gardens and does so with huge gusto we set him to work along side Mr Waen. The mission;

1. finish the compost heap
2. build the chicken house
3. make a gate so that the chickens don't eat the vegetables in the veg patch

As Wales were playing Rugby this afternoon Mr Waen was keen to get the jobs done in time for kick off or throw off or whatever one off's in Rugby.. and with my dad that was entirely possible. We girls decided to go shopping for plants for the next section of the Garden I am tackling (the rockery outside the house) its been slightly neglected and the stones are hidden and weeds are high so needed Garden centre inspiration. In the time it took us to get ready to go out (about 20 mins since I became a scruffy  bumpkin)  this is how far the Father had got..


Go dad!!

when we got back (after 2 hours we then had this) and a lot of smart new rockery type plants

and a finished compost heap and a gate (though now needs to be hung) you gotta love family visits.. though it didn't all go well.. As Mr Waen Settled down after lunch to watch Wales play "the great game" my Mam, Dad and I set off to tackle some of the overgrown and weedy Garden.. My Dad went lakeside and went after the Giant Spikey Rhubarb plant  (not its Latin name clearly) which was drooping into the lake and needed trimming back for winter and my Mam and I went to the overgrown and sad looking rockery.. all was well until we heard a yell and a splash and as we dashed around we found the big northern type father struggling up the bank side wet from literally head to foot! and smelling somewhat of pond.. time for a bath Dad! but just finish that Big Spikey Rhubarb off first ;-) 

The issues of the day did not end there .. Wales 13 Argentina 26 .. Oh dear Mr Waen, your first game on home soil :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment