Monday 14 January 2013

Insurance says yes to oil clean up..

Well the insurance company say that we should have the ground de-oiled but having just looked at the schedule of works I have had a minor wig out.. see below..


"Removal of contaminated soil within the source zone is recommended to prevent ongoing leachate generation directly discharging to the pond. Based on the available soil vapour data we estimate that an area of approximately 11 m3 (approximately 22 tonnes) should be excavated and sent for appropriate disposal. It is assumed that the waste will be classified as non-hazardous but soil analysis will be required to confirm this.
Connections to the pond discharge pipe from the down pipes and land drains should be excavated and sealed appropriately to prevent future spills from directly entering the drainage system."

for me 22 TONNES of soil seems a lot.. I have been digging my garden and sorting out lots of overgrown stuff for weeks now and haven't managed to remove even 2 tonnes.. I am a bit scared that our garden will be a sodding great crater.. perhaps we may have 2 lakes now!! Well I guess at least Sophie and Blueberry will get a choice.. AARRGGHH!!!

Well the work starts on the 21st so that gives me a week to have a breakdown before then!!


On a happier note I have today signed up for a Royal Horticultural Course on the principles of garden planning, establishment and maintenance.. which Mr Waen bought me for Christmas  :-) at this rate I will be definitely needing the establishment and planning bit .. I will need to plan how to fill such a sodding great whole and establish with what to fill it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment