Monday 28 January 2013

Big Skip.. Big Hole.. Big Mess

So oil excavation started today.. those people worked SO HARD! The weather here is dire gale force winds and big fat rain and the many offers of tea were declined bless them.. anyway they have toddled off to the pub/restaurant/hotel  down the road now for a well deserved rest and some nice food.

The skip arriving was hysterical delivered by THE most grumpy man ever who then was asking me how to turn around.. now anyone who has seen me drive my car or any car for that matter knows that I am not the person to ask.. and my flippant comment of "with the steering wheel I would have thought" was at best ill timed. Must learn to tame my mouth one of these days.

Anyway with a bit of drama.. a major huff and some gentle coaxing from the oil men at last the skip went down.. missing ducks, chickens and most importantly the car of Mr Waen (phew). He is not with me this week so I won't tell him how close it was.. Yikes! Nor will I tell him how I managed to get the 4x4 car stuck in the field which by anyone's standards is hard to do .. its out now so Shhhhhhhhh.

I have had the whole excavation procedure explained to me and it involves (clears throat and tries to recall anything technical) some digging, tunnelling,  flushing, big pipes, little pipes, pipes which make sure it never can happen again, some new soil, a drum (assume it not to be a percussion instrument ) and a path being made... In what order all that happens I have no idea .. I have let womens lib down again the only question I asked is what the path would look like.. Yes I know sorry independent women everywhere but I did bake 2 mince fruit loaves to take to my lovely work in Leeds on Wednesday.. oo oo and started sewing some curtains.. stereotype who?

 So the photo's from today;

Contaminated soil.. and a lot of little rubber gloves

BIG skip

very muddy pathway to he oil tank.. some reseeding required me thinks 

So the ducks don't fall in.. they are a bit dense

 So the dog doesn't fall in.. he is old and a bit senile 

A bloody big hole and a lot of welsh rain 







No comments:

Post a Comment