Sunday 24 March 2013

More snow...

You may recall that our farmer neighbour told us 'it never snows up here'... hmm.... I beg to differ. We are once again in conditions not dissimilar to those in the Arctic.... brrrrrrr. Thank fully we have logs, oil, food and milk.. all the necessities to snuggle in and wait for it to sod off. I dread to think what a bog the garden will be at the end of all of this but not much that can be done about that.

My main worry now is saving this little seedlings in the greenhouse.. I can't fit anymore in the house unless I bring in the greenhouse shelves and that may be a step too far for Mr W so as such we have the greenhouse heater going like the clappers (though its got a battle on its hands) and all the little green new born seedlings are covered in snuggly garden fleece.. no casualties so far (I just touched wood).

So the gardening year is set back which is annoying but compared to the plight of the trauma's the farmers are having trying to protect their lambs my woes about growing carrots are misplaced so instead I am doing some of my RHS course work (at last), cleaning house (its spotless) and catching up on blogging and ironing.. oh yes I know how to live.. xx

Cheryl on the move


Sophie, Blueberry, Fergie and Will-I-Am .. battling through ice and slush 

pretty 
Brrr




No comments:

Post a Comment