Thursday 7 March 2013

lots to do.. thank goodness for family labour!!


My Brilliant Mam and Dad have been here this week and my garden is looking all the better for their visit... they really are brilliant.. as soon as they arrived my dad was out and about relaying the old and filthy pathways, digging out all of the old pebble stones and putting in the new ones that Mr W had ordered. He found lots of old wood down in the woodland and reused it to hold everything in pace (just like a good gardener to recycle) the finished thing looks fabulous.. It would have taken me ages to get it done so I am so grateful now I just need to crack on with tidying up the surrounding beds.. Mam and I made a start on one that has a little hidden pathway which was fun.. and my Mam swept everywhere when we had done and so we look really smart and tidy after a rough winter.. They are THE BEST xx


Recycling.. well done dad!

very smart new pathways ..



The next day with my gardening enthusiasm back at its peak thanks to all the extra help we pottered off to the garden centre.. My Mam had cleaned up this lovely stone trough and so bought me a Camellia to sit in it.. it will look beautiful in the summer and will make me smile when I see it and think of our nice week together.

Looking good Mam xxx

And then to set off my dads hard work we got a brilliant ivy with variegated leaves which will look amazing when it starts to get going all over the trellis..


New Ivy plant... ready to take over the trellis .. thank you Mam

I was sad when they left today but they have left me with lots done and a feeling that I am getting somewhere with this vast expanse of over grown garden so that's great so today it was into the green house.. I have seeds growing on every window ledge so time to get it outside a bit more before Mr W has a complete fit.. so more seeds sown..

Lots of onions growing some roots 

A greenhouse in the greenhouse for the delicate plants 






















No comments:

Post a Comment