Friday 30 August 2013

Strange duck behaviour

These Mallards are getting my lovely girls into some right old fixes. The Mallard family have taken to having a morning walk across the farm field (perhaps planning for the babies to leave) its funny to see them all waddling about squeaking and quacking (the kids still have rubbish quacks). Anyway seemingly Blueberry has been looking at this and as the adopted Aunt decided that she too would like to do that walk.. she however forgot that she is twice their size, unable to fly and has the walk of a really clumsy thing..thus this was the end result; 

There she was quite stuck.. when i first found her she was completely under the grid and this was her best attempt at freedom but when the step is 8 inches and your legs are 3 inches and you have no hands to pull you up I guess you have to wait for the humans to step in. Was nice to do though and whilst I don't like to think of her getting stuck was ace to have a cuddle when she was freed :-)


Erm.. help?
The funniest thing was when she arrived back with the other ducks she did some talking and I reckoned she was saying.. 'oh yes yes that was always in my plan.. I wanted to see underneath that metal thing'. 

And it doesn't stop there.. I have been a bit worried about Sophie over the past couple of weeks she isn't as plump as Blueberry and her wings are looking a bit shabby.. and she isn't out on the lake often at all or coming for food.. so we rowed over to find this.. 


THAT is a duck sat on a NEST!!!!! I am fairly sure that its too late for ducklings.. and fairly sure that Will-I - am would not be physically capable (size difference) but still .. a bit of a worry!



No comments:

Post a Comment