Thursday 1 August 2013

Lost walkers

Well as I was watering my tomatoes tonight I heard a little voice shouting hello .. when I popped my head out I found 3 men ll holding water bottles looking rather warm and asking for us to fill up the bottles.. I asked where they were going and they said Caersws and they asked how long it would take.. so i told them it was about 3 miles at which point they said they would get a cab.. I checked with Mr W (safety first) and he said I could give them a lift so I dashed off to fill up bottles and get the car keys. 
We discovered they are walking the Severn way for the British Heart Foundation.. a charity.. wait for it.. close to their hearts, and would do 225 miles in 10 days.. not easy bless em. 

By the time I got back Mr W had told them there were limited places to stay in Caersws  (none that we could name) and that they could camp in the meadow (good job I mowed it again last week).. so then I went into full hospitality mode with cold beer and then much rustling around in the freezer found burgers, chicken legs and pork steaks to barbecue.. bit of salad from the garden and a couple of garlic breads and there we were.. job done hungry, tired walkers fed!

Its 9:30 now they are tucked up in tents .. bottles of water given for tomorrow.. and bloody good luck to them!! I am feeling all happy and glowy.. I am sure they will do it!

They said they will send a postcard at the end.. hope they do bless them :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment