Tuesday 11 December 2012

The girls like porridge!!

I heard via a friend of another chicken keeper that Chickens like porridge.. I raised an eyebrow but on a morning as cold as this one thought would give it a go and so at 08:30 this morning there I was cooking porridge for chickens.. Now there is a sentence I never thought I would say.

I took it out and wished them good morning and they looked at me and looked at the porridge and looked at me and then walked straight THROUGH it to get to their layers pellets (LAYERS pellets now there's a laugh!!! but no-one sells lazy free loading pellets).

So slightly miffed that my plan to make the girls smile and be warm and toasty I made my way back to the house.. BUT THEN... when I went back out with water half an hour later all gone was the porridge ! Yeah.. A triumph.. I am just cooking them a post bedtime pot now!!

Cooking the porridge

Borrowed Lolly's spare dish for the girls.. Lolly is a good sharer

You need porridge on a cold day like this 
Don't fancy that will walk through it to get to the good stuff.
Layer pellets much more yummy


Will sniff it to keep the woman happy 


ONLY JOKING.. Yum thank you 


No comments:

Post a Comment