Monday 17 December 2012

Planting an orchard.


 In the hardest frost ever last week I had 3 apple trees and 2 pear trees delivered.. typical!!! Was a bit worried about how I would manage to get them in the ground within the stipulated week from delivery. I was thinking of ways to manage this during a couple of days up north (was lovely to see everyone) and then the rain Gods.. (usually not my favourite) decided to lend a hand. Love them!!! So with the ground now unfrozen (but slightly soggy) and whilst Mr Waen went shopping (I think we have gender role issues) off I went to plant my new mini orchard... with the help of Winnie.. also a woman what is that all about!!

bit of fertilizer to help them along does this mean they wont be suitable for vegetarians any more????

tree roots soaking all tools gathered.. plus the assistant in the form of a filthy sheep dog and we are good to go.

dig some holes


they have to apparently 3 times as wide and deep as the root ball! I think the first three were!!

5 stakes in the ground and 5 little trees planted.. in 4 years time I will be fighting off the scrumpers!!! (I hope)


Now you may be wondering where the assistant got herself too! Well in a non helpful fashion she managed to find herself at the wrong side of the garden fence!

Errm. so can you help me back???














No comments:

Post a Comment