Sunday 20 October 2013

It's been a year..

Well its a year today that we moved into our fabulous house and what a year it has been.. one of the best of my life for sure. There have been a million lessons learnt, a million smiles and laughs and a few hundred tears. So many highlights, too many to mention and so few down times (the biggest of course being my lovely boy leaving me).

We have enjoyed time with most of our friends and family at the new pad, I have an improved fitness beyond my wildest dreams, I have a huge sense of happiness, security and well-being and I have never loved Mr W more (but don't tell him.. we have to keep 'em on their toes).

Mr W forgot it had been a year and I was away so i left him a little anniversary card and smugly smiled at my head for dates.. names no chance but dates stick. I am just on my journey home from a fabulous ' we are all turning 40' weekend with my two lovely, oldest (not in age) friends.. where we have been chilling out, watching DVD's, eating too much, having spa treatments and making pottery. I am excited to get home because when I land our new friend Freddie will be there.

Following losing my boy we decided that as a nod to him, rather than getting a pedigree pup we would get another dogs trust pup.. the last one worked out to be 15 years of utter joy so little Freddie has big shoes to fill.

In other news.. I got a job.. I am now the administrator (part time) at a fabulous farm project which offers free holidays to families who have a child with a disability.. they have piglets .. and lovely people.. Perfect - I have been on a training day so far and really enjoyed it .. now I just need my official start date and we are off  :-)

Lolly returned from the vet and so he is now in the house in a place where he is not obvious to anyone but me.. I have chatted non stop to him as I did when he was alive so potentially another sign of madness right there. I miss him dreadfully but all good things must come to an end and I now have to keep and treasure the memories.

I have FINALLY got my finger out to start my RHS garden qualification.. I have been sat on the train doing plant identification sheets.. which is hugely dull beneficial to my education  :-)

And last but not least the big garden put to bed has started.. I have pruned and better pruned, raked, snipped and chopped and that,s only half of one patch.. LOTS TO DO.

Anyway I will get back to identifying plants and sign off by saying.. for those of you who have visited and made us smile, those of you who have supported us with house sitting, those of you who looked interested whilst I talked about gardens, dogs, ducks, eggs, chickens and oils spills, those of you who let me keep working for the best charity in Leeds and those of you who continue to love us and count us as one of yours even thought we are far away from (my) homeland .. THANK YOU!!!

Visit soon... lets make year 2 as fabulous as year 1..

Much love

xxxx







No comments:

Post a Comment