Tuesday 29 October 2013

Decorating, bald house and toilet training

I have FINALLY finished painting the kitchen, utility room, toilet and stairs.. 4 full days in all.. Bloody connecting open stairs means you just have to keep going.. GRRR anyway its all done and at last I have been able to put out the new curtains, table runner and seat pads that I made.
The fabric is a source of disharmony in the house but she who makes them gets to choose the fabric me thinks.. and I think it looks jolly.

chickens and ducks :-)

I have also been out doing the Autumn pruning... in between hideous driving Welsh rain.. and the house is bald.. I have found the windows again.. Mr W was pleased as he said we have been living in a hobbit hole all summer.. so I have given it a jolly good hair cut so that next year I can train the growing stuff more.Spent hald a day hanging on the front of the house and 4 car loads of compost later.. Done; 

a lot of composting to take away 

and more

bald house

oooo look windows :-)

And of course there is the Freddie update.. GRRR.. this week I am really trying to hammer home the toilet training.. and it's not too bad but there is still work to do.. Freddie likes to be outside but mainly so that he can pull Winnies fur and be dragged about the meadow.. concentrating on 'wee wee's' is not high on his agenda. I must be honest i forgot how hard this was but every day we inch further forward. 

A tired Freddie after a run around the meadow.. and a bark at some cows (more training needed right there)

I brought in some logs and he was very interested.. 

At this stage one fell on his nose.. 

But not to be deterred

On he went.. I now have splinters of wood everywhere. 

Then it was on to help mammy do some sewing.. He did have hold of  something as it went through the sewing machine so he had to be given this off cut to play with. 



No comments:

Post a Comment