Monday 23 September 2013

McCaully Dog

Well we have been back to the vet today and its not good news.. it looks like my best dog friend has cancer.. he has had a little biopsy today, his lymph nodes are swollen so its looking likely but we find out for sure in 5 days.
I think I knew it anyway but even so its awful to hear it.. he has been and still is the very best dog a girl could wish for, loyal, funny, knows when you are sad, gives ace cuddles and over the last 15 of his 16 years we have had the best time of times and the worst of times together.
So the plan is pain relief and antibiotics.. I am not going to put him through chemotherapy he is too old and I am told it can be rough so its lots of love, cuddles, fabulous food and as many treats as I can give and he will take.
As I am a huge dog lover I have had a lot of doggie pressies over the years and scanning one of the books I have I found this.. something to keep in mind.. meanwhile my best dog friend is alive and kicking and tomorrow we will be gardening together as normal.. me running up and down with the mower and him guarding the flask of tea in the sunshine.

The Last Battle

If it should be that I grow frail and weak,
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done,
For this, the last battle, can't be won.

You will be sad I understand,
But don't let grief then stay your hand,
For on this day, more than the rest,
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where to my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end

And hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.
I know in time you will agree,
It is a kindness you do to me.

Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must be you,
Who has to decide this thing to do;
We've been so close,we two, these years,


Don't let your heart hold any tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment