Monday 23 June 2014

Fabulous Chum.. New pathways

I had a visitor last week.. my lovely chum who I have been friends with for almost 30 years.. I don't like the sound of that but I love her.

We have had a horrendous time with the patch of garden around stone henge with all of he rain from winter its been underwater and close to ruined and so.. with a lot of help from 2 tonnes of stones, some new plants, ad best of all  my friend,  (who was incredibly driven and determined to finish the task ..I met my match for sure.. when I was flagging on she went)  in a day and a half we turned a mud swamp into this. Now I just need the new grass seed to grow all around and we have perfection :-)

Who would know that shifting that many stones.. digging paths.. removing old ruined stones.. faffing about with membranes and all of that whilst in the baking sun would be such good fun.. but it was  :-) thank you lovely lovely chum.. you are AMAZING!!! and guess what H .. Mr Waen.. washed the old stones .. you would be proud  :-)


And then.. you would think we may be done would you not .. but no my lovely chum / slave driver then decided that the steps which were formerly covered in weeds should be the next challenge.. so glad otherwise they would still be very weedy steps but instead they are looking smart and snazzy.. 

upward view 

downward view

No comments:

Post a Comment