Sunday 4 May 2014

May is already quite exciting ..

So it was the WI spring show and so my basket of knitted veg, my gardeners apron and my vegetable pizza set off from Waen and travelled with another lovely WI lady to be judged..

I arrived and put my offerings on the table and looked at the competition and at that moment decided that I had NO chance... But its the taking part and we got a point for every entry so I was contributing to the overall team effort...

The gardeners apron competition... mine is in the top left... the welly fabric (of course)

My Basket of knitted veg is at the front in the middle 

And I am not admitting which one is mine.. okay I will  -  top right (dreadful)
So we left to come home whilst judging commenced and that is that I thought.. shame but I knew I had tried my best  -  NEVER has there been so much stress over a vegetable pizza of approx 10 inches.. Mine kept growing .. bloody thing!

At half one we set off back to the results and you will never believe.. because I do not.. I Got a THIRD prize.. Granted it was a joint 3rd prize but I don't care I still got the natty little prize card.. I was seen to do a small jig and showed no decorum what so ever .. clearly this was not the WI way but I did't care :-)

my 3rd prize


No comments:

Post a Comment