Monday 12 January 2015

Christmas was amazing and 2015 is off to a good start..

Well since I last typed I am a year older and in proud possession of a Birthday bike.. I am a bit rubbish at riding it.. I daren't cycle down our hill and I can't cycle up our hill so the term 'push bike' is very apt. Though practice makes perfect and by the end of 2015 I fully intend to be able to cycle both down and up the hill. Watch this space.

Christmas break was fabulous and the festivities were great fun.. Christmas eve in Leeds, Christmas Day in Darlington and Boxing day in Chepstow.. so we got about a bit but it was lovely.
I was as ever spoilt but was really pleased with my Pressie for Mr Waen which was the 12 days of Christmas.. every month of 2015 we are doing an activity of something or another.. From trampolines to weekends away, Horse riding to cable cars.. should be fun.

Mr Waen was actually off work from Christmas day right through to the 5th Jan as was I and we spent 7 lovely days pottering about, getting  loads of jobs done and we went on Day 1 of the 12 days.. A trip to Bounce Below... http://www.bouncebelow.net/.. for those who don't know Bounce Below is a disused slate mine filled with gigantic bouncing nets on 3 levels .. we were lucky enough to go with Mr Waen's Big Son and his lovely partner and thank goodness because I bounced onto it.. had a minor panic scenario, a few tears, bit of mild hysteria and then scrambled (bouncing now out of the question) off it to watch.. the other 3 though.. had a great time and I did enjoy watching :-)

Apart from bouncing we have done a lot of jobs around the garden, decorated the snug had a major tidy of the outhouse,  and had a load of fun pottering, nesting and enjoying the rest.

The Piccies;

Getting ready for Xmas.. Santa or indeed Mr Waen.. comes to Kerry farm :-)

Best Xmas cake ever eaten .. Thank you Mrs Rose xx

No room in the car to take the pups to Kennels on Xmas eve so it was the foot well for them

This was the back seat and boot of the car. 

New solar light chickens from our Leeds Chum.. cute :-)

It got cold after Christmas.. skating ducks!!

Christmas Present for the birdies 

Time to add some nutrients into the fruit and veg patch.. and so 50 bags of that muck heap were wheelbarrowed through the garden .. that was a hard work day! 


Christmas pressy off my sister.. off a real boat.. hopefully will never have the need of it but will make a lovely feature  :-)
Mr Waen spent a day tidying his woodpile... 

.. and the big garden tools ....

.... and all of the animal provisions.. 

... and the left over wedding booze .. a good day's work at last we can move in the out house. 

At the Waen Welly Wedding a lovely chum helped to serve the bubbly.. she asked if I had a tray and was presented with a baking tray (I am not a propoer house wife) and so in the event of this situation ever happening again.. she has resolved my problem. In all honesty... no idea how I ever lived without a tray!!! What a difference a tray makes (there 's a song in there somewhere ! )

The wrist bands from bounce below.. some poor sod actually got number 13 .. that would have just finished me off!

We have another family wedding coming .. I am on table centres, favours and cake.. 50 of the  above.. are now finally finished.. peas in a pod saying 'on this Hap-pea day'.. such wit! 

We are nesting and embracing colour in the dull winter months.. Check out Mr W's lovely bright new kitchen lights ...

and our bright new snug chair .. 

... and our jolly new snug curtains :-)


BUT best of all.. introducing my lovely new sewing space.. Thank you mammy for my lovely sewing table and chair.. we have renovated it and now I have a sewing space.. which does not annoy the mouse.. My sewing machine is currently in hospital but never worry.. I have my new christmas overlocker .. whoop whoop !!!
Sewing heaven :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment