Wednesday 29 October 2014

October round up..

Where does the time go.... the end of September and October has been fun and full of activity..
We did the last bit of our Honeymoon (one of the Hotels we missed due to the silly car).. and went to stay in Lygon Arms in the Cotswolds.. good food and a bottle of bubble - happy days and then the next day off we popped to Manchester to see our nephew doing his indoor skydive.. Mr W was due to join him but traffic stopped that but at least we got to see the little guy do it .. and he was pretty good!

Got the last bit of the Welly Wedding boxed off and hung all of the lovely message hearts onto our tree in the wood.. its  dead tree but its a good shape and I kinda like it so we have brought it back to life with our slightly unusual Wedding guest book.

Its definitely spider season in the house and some of them a fairly massive.. yuck.. I need to man up but sadly can't and so if Mr W is absent I leave the room and if he is about.. he is on spider duty.

My chum and I were due to go Zorbing in the Middle of October but it got cancelled as Mr W and I were flying up the motorway so as we were at the turn off for Liverpool off we popped  there for the day.. I am a huge fan of the Superlambananas and the Dazzle Ship (who knew they painted ships like this in WW1... every day is  school day.  A bit of shopping also took place (rude not to) and so Zorbing is now to be a 2015 activity  :-)

I had a rely cool day thanks to Mr W's big son and his lovely other half who had bought me a gift to be a gardener for the day at the Eden project.. so I watered Malaysia in the rain forest dome, weeded South Africa and planted plants in California and then went to the good old UK in the afternoon for  potter around the veg plot.. lovely!
As is typical of we Waen's we booked a lovely hotel and had some more ace food and a spot of wine and made a lovely weekend of it :-)

And to round off a busy old few weeks I have been on a lovely girl trip to Amsterdam with Daisy.. lots of walking, sightseeing and cake was involved.. but still with time to have a chill and read a good book.. had a great time  :-) the tour guide (Daisy) was ace !!

And so now the weeks ahead I need to crack on in the garden.. and get it put to bed for winter.. Mr W has built me a FABULOUS fruit cage so hopefully this year I will get to the fruit before the naughty birds.. its got 4 raised beds which were a sod to fill (Mr W did the build so that rubbish task was mine) but all good and we have, the strawberry patch, the Blueberry and honey berry patch, the gooseberry and current patch and the rhubarb and raspberry patch.. never was a girl more happy :-)
I have taken my lovely dad in laws advice and my broad beans are in ready for next year along with overwintered onions(?) and garlic.. I am ahead of the game for 2015! bumper crops here we come :-)

The Lygon Arms 

A flying nephew

spider as big as a cr key 

And we did NOT climb on the Superlambananas

This was my fave.. I love a poppy and a bit of patriotism 

Ace Dazzle ship 

the veg I picked at Eden 

and more 

These naughty cows have been in the garden 3 times this month.. Mr W has double secured the gate now!!

Dutch apple pie 

Rush hour in Amsterdam 

Condomania!

Tulip(bulbs) in Amsterdam 

flower market 

They made good peanut butter  and chocolate cake

Indonesian Nosh!

A glass of fizz at the American Hotel 

a pancake  -  dutch style 

Anne Franks House 

Dutch Waffles 

Broad beans are sprouting 

Onions too!

My Fabby fruit cage! 




No comments:

Post a Comment