Wednesday 8 May 2013

Holiday prep and work planned for the return..

Today I have had to come out of denial and get my pap together cause I am going on holiday and leaving paradise for 3 weeks.. eek!! I know its going to be a fun trip really.

So today's chores have been planting a lot of baby plants into the garden to reduce the watering stress of the green house from house sitters (there is however still a plant nursery worth left to care for .. sorry chums!)

Then I went on to making bundles of bedding and towels..

Then finished Money falls once and for all and then last but not least I cleaned the fridge. So it was a mixed day to say the least.. and one that started by a visit from Jehovah's witnesses.. which makes me think they must need to badly boost numbers to take that track on.. Thankfully I was in the garden with Winnie.. who, as she does, had a fit at the strangers and a double fit when they then proceeded to hand over leaflets.. thankfully she snatched her hand back in time. Anyway so I was told that my Garden was made by God, given that I was weeding (and there is a lot of that to do) I asked if due to the fact he made it he planned to pop back and remove the nettles and couch grass that have appeared all over the place .. seemingly not! well if you are up there big man.. I think we need to go back to back to the drawing board on this whole plant thing.. are you aware of the ferocity that nettles and couch grass spread? what was the plan there then? .. typical man never thought it through  :-)

Anyway I now have some lovely magazines to read should I wish to.


I have decided to take a weed as you go approach to the weeds so I weed a patch and then plant it .. a day of weeding would surely be too dull.. I have planted loads today in the cottage garden and yesterday in the allotment. The allotment looks ok.. as chickens cant get in but the cottage garden looks insane with zillions of little plants covered in chicken protection!! I will remove them when I get back.. needs must :-)

Money falls is looking great now and so have started to move further down stream raking all the sides.. its tiring but a huge sense of satisfaction when done.. the plan is to get a garden shredder after holidays but for now its burning and filling bags and bags with waste all in a good cause as when its done the plants can then be seen the ferns are already coming out so that's good.. I am looking forward to being able to really crack on when I get back :-)

My new reading material... but never mind the question is god cruel the real question is weeds?? why??

Little bales of linen for the guests.. as the weeks go on the mismatch gets worse and worse .. sorry chums !

chicken proofed

everywhere chicken proofing 

the last bit of money falls.. check back to see the before photo! 

starting on the other side of the stream.. 

Checking out my handiwork 

My Job on return.. EEK!

Money falls.. all done 

And finally .. Mr Waen has been gardening.. here he is Mr Waens Cress pig! a fabulous contribution to the 2.5 acre gardening cause!!  well its a start :-)






No comments:

Post a Comment